It’s been while since I’ve sat to collect my thoughts long enough to come up with a blog! It’s been a crazy couple months. December with a break from school I focused on getting some things done around my house before heading out on vacation to Malawi with a bunch of other volunteers. Absolutely amazing! Got to go swimming and spend time on a boat and on the beach and most importantly with my friends from all over
It’s crazy to think that it was just a year ago that I was starting to worry about what to bring and planning a going away party! The times gone by so fast, but at the same time, I feel like I’ve been here forever!
Rainy season (which is still a good 2 ½ months from completion) has had its ups and downs….My allergies have been getting bad so I had to go down to Lusaka to get new, stronger medication. It sucks to be allergic to dust, pollen and mold when I’m living in a place covered in all three! Got pretty sick with something else once I got down there but am recovered and back to work now with new meds, new glasses, and about 5 1bs lighter!
Got home Monday to find my new kitten (“Happy Coconut,” I got him from another volunteer right after vacation) was very sick from dehydration. The person who was watching my house while I was away failed to care for him properly and he passed away in the night. Never felt so grown up in my life than having to take care of my dead kitten’s body yesterday morning. Very sad :o(. RIP Happy!
On the UP-side my program in Peace Corps “RED” (Rurual Education Development) went through a big make-over. They did a project review and now the goals that I’m working under have been drastically changed (and are adapted more towards the work I’m already doing) so it’s pretty awesome! At school we got some new computers and they set up a little computer lab that I’ll be teaching from. We have 6 computers! Woohoo!
I’m also super psyched for all the visits I am getting in the coming months! The end of this month 4 new RED Volunteers (who arrive on the 19th—my one year mark!) will be visiting my site. I’ll be their first impression of
Everything is in full bloom because of the rain I have two gardens and some flower beds going and a small certain Pumpkin growing!! I can’t wait till the guavas are ready next month… Also because of the rain I’ve had lots of down time stuck indoors so I’ve been busy crafting! I’ve moved on from postcards to making citenge picture frames and working on my patchwork quilt! I have a crazy plan to have it finished before my parents get in here in April…we’ll see how that pans out…

No comments:
Post a Comment